My Mini Moog Voyager. Click to go to my web site...

Friday, January 8, 2010

MFB Sequencer weirdness.



Here are my MFB SEQ-02's. Very nice compact step/pattern sequencer. More geared towards musical scales than controlling rhythms like their SEQ-01 I think. These gave me some real headaches however. MFB, Muffwiggler forum, and the SDIY email list solved it for me. I was plagued with a high level, high frequency ripple. About 2 volts P-P, and 400 kHz. The picture below shows the noise. Turns out the shield from my patch cables was putting a capacitive load on the CV output and was causing all the problem.



1 comment:

  1. i was unaware of this problem ..?
    thanks

    btw : can you chain the
    two MFB seq02 =32 steps??
    - it would be cool if ...

    unit 1(A->B) --->unit 2(A->B) or <-- or <-->

    i have one unit and i would get another

    ReplyDelete