My Mini Moog Voyager. Click to go to my web site...

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

VCO PCB ready to order



The envelope generator boards are still in production, but they are etched, and screened.

The big news is I have the prototype VCO board ready to go. It can be stuffed as a Steiner Type A, B, or C, but I will just build the Type A which has sin, triangle, saw, and pulse waveforms. Here is the Eagle layout with traces not shown for clarity.

While I think it is cleaner to have PCB mounted pots and/or jacks. I think that for the Steiner modules I'll use flying wires. This allows the most flexibility for panel format and design.

Next, I think I'll tackle either the Type 3 envelope generator or a VCA. I'm also refining the Type 1/2 envelope generator layout. I've hit on a system for placing the parts which seemed to work really well on the VCO card. I'll try it on the envelope generator and will make the board a bit more compact and efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment