Thank you Nyle Steiner! (The top blurry cell phone photo is Nyle in front of his workbench.) I stuffed the newest VCO prototype and it basically worked first time. I was using a wrong value for a trim pot which prevented the triangle wave output buffer opamp from working, but I got that figured out and it works great! Here are some more crappy cellphone photos of the screen of a DSO Nano O'scope (long story but I loaned my bench scope to Nyle for a couple of weeks). The photos don't do justice to the screen of the Nano. Very cool little scope. I think this is the first new Steiner Synthesizer Company VCO in 30 years give or take. The pulse and sine outputs are higher than the triangle and saw outputs, so I'm going to triple check all the component values to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm also a little lost regarding the adjustment of the min/max width trim pots for the pulse wave. It's another question to ask Nyle.
Now, on to the sequencer prototype. I'm way excited again about this whole thing.
I've also got the rack/power distribution system figured out. I got the new power plugs and they fit perfectly in the existing cutout. I drilled the holes for the mounting screws and they look and work great. I don't know if anyone but Nyle and I will use the rack system, but it sure looks nice and I think will work as good as they look.
Another odd note. I decided to use adjustable regulators for the power section so I could get an accurate voltage on each board. I discovered through some kind help on the SDIY list I have to have a minimum current draw to effect regulation. I'm going to have to add some small load on each regulator because some of the circuits may not meet the worst case current draw to establish regulation, particularly on the -10 volt side. So another task before the next round of PCBs is ordered. Hopefully though, the next batch will be the first production boards.