My Mini Moog Voyager. Click to go to my web site...

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Parts, parts, and more parts.

I got the huge (about $1200.00) Mouser parts order. I also got word the power supply panels have shipped. I also setup a meeting with Nyle next week.

So the past couple of days, I've spent free time re-doing the sequencer PCB. I decided to split the schematic into two PCBs, one for the sequencer guts and one for the CV pots, output buffers and level pots, and LEDs. While doing it, I also decided I'd go ahead, break my rule, and design the "pots" PCB for vertical PCB mounted pots. I hate flying wires and when I actually added up how many there were going to be to the pots, I decided PCB pots were looking pretty good. This also means it should now fit in any cabinet. It also means the MOTM guys will be stuck with 1 inch spacing on the pots in the panel or will have to resort to flying wires, sorry guys. I suppose if there is huge interest from the MOTM/DOTCOM format for this module, I can layout and make a larger spacing pots board. We'll see what happens.

Next, I'm going to let the sequencer design sit for a day or two then revisit it. I want to build a couple of modules now and make them work. I've got everything to do it now, so here's hoping I'll have time this weekend. My day job has really backed up on me, though due to the recuperation from the total knee, so I don't have much of a life these days. I will try. If I get the sequencer sequencing, VCO humming, I'll post samples here first and will make sure it gets onto the SDIY list and MatrixSynth, and Synthtopia. It will be the first "new" Steiner module in 25 or 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment