I had a great meeting with Nyle today. We sat down for a couple of hours and in the end, I think I know what was going on in the later version of the sequencer. I've got the schematics modified and a first PCB layout done. I need to tweak the layout a bit, but I don't think it will be a problem. I'll still stuff the PCB I've got to verify the Flip-Flops and general circuit is right.
In the end, I also got to look through a lot of the files he kept from when he was building his systems. I got to look at other schematics, PCB artwork (some of it falling apart as it was hand laid out with tape on vellum and the glue is all dried out), wiring diagrams, photos, all sorts of good stuff. I found a couple of schematics I had never heard of before, too. An envelope generator with a variable damping and an "Up-Down" 3 row sequencer. They both look interesting and I think I'll incorporate them in the module list and build them as time goes on.
But, right now work has let up a bit and I'm going to be able to find time to solder some stuff. I am way to anxious to get the sequencer and VCO going.
I also started the project page on my web site. There is really not much there, but to see it, click on the Moog Voyager at the top of the blog and it will take you to my home page. Click ont eh Steiner Synthasystem link and you will get there.