My Mini Moog Voyager. Click to go to my web site...

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sequencer

Here is the current panel for the sequencer and a photo of an original sequencer. I can't find it now, but I saw a photo of a black finish sequencer, so later release, which had an updated layout. The biggest difference was putting the jacks on the bottom rather than on top. I can't find the photo now. But, I'm going to move the jacks to the bottom because it makes sense.

Goals for the next couple of weeks:

  • Build and verify the circuit for the sequencer, VCO, and VCA. I will have more than enough parts to do it this week when my Mouser order comes.
  • Finish schematics for the same and the ENVDL, adding the Doepfer connectors and voltage regulation circuits. I've got a good start on this already.
  • Decide on how best to mount the PCBs. Most can be vertical, but the VCO and sequencer will need to be flat; parallel to the panel. I'll need to re-think the sequencer and split it into two boards. I don't want to mount the pots to the PCB. I want people to be able to choose their own components whenever possible.
  • Get a prototype board ready to order for the ENVDT.

No comments:

Post a Comment