Work and life have been taking some priority the last few days as well as two hard drive failures.
Nyle came by today and brought my O'scope back and took the prototype sequencer, VCO, and an EG. He's been great with this project. I think he's as excited as I am and in some ways, probably more. He's going to go over the sequencer and bread board the upgrades to make sure they work. So, I'm going to hold off on ordering the next generation sequencer til he's had a good look.
I've been tweaking the VCO layout for no really good reason. I've got an output buffer board designed and gave the schematic to Nyle for his approval. I used the same 741 OpAmps in keeping with the vintage feel. Since it is a daughter board and an optional addition, I don't think it detracts from the VCO itself. I've also adjusted the panel layout just a bit to make sure the mounting holes don't interfere.
I've got the layout for the VCF pretty much done. I just need to make sure the mounting holes work on the panel.
I've been working on the final layouts for the EGs, too. I'm still conflicted regarding how to handle the triggers and gates for the EGs, sequencer, and the other couple of modules which use/generate S-Triggers. Right now, I'm leaning for the daughter board option. The circuitry is very simple and I can put the convertors on the daughter boards and then give the builder the option. The other way is to have a separate module. For my system, I want the separate module. It keeps the other modules authentic and true to Nyle's original idea, but will let me interface with my other system when I want to.
I think I can get the VCOs and VCFs ordered this week. the EGs should be soon after. I'm going to wait on the panels until I get these next PCB versions finalized, then I'll order some VCO, VCF, and EG panels.
I'm still hoping to have PCBs, etc. up for sale before the end of the year, and if all goes well, maybe a couple of months for the first VCOs, VCFs, and EGs.